Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Best Bike?

Question, who makes the best bike not only based on performance but also on reliability and ease of maintenance? There are a lot of people on this Blog that know a hell of a lot more about bikes than I so I am asking a question that 1. I will learn something I did not know and 2, will provoke folks who know more than I to answer with gusto. Categories include, Race, Road, Downhill, Mountain, BMX and Hybrids. If you guys can think of any others, pile it on and cast your vote.

4 comments:

tinkerbella said...

Actually, Does anyone know anything about the roadbike sram shifters/brakes? My friend asked me , and I know nothing , and this seemed like a good forum?

Justin said...

I just upgraded my Parlee to SRAM Force shifters and derailleurs 10 days ago. I've only ridden it once for 40 miles, but I thought it was great. The shifting is much crisper than my old Dura-Ace 7800 kit. The hoods feel like Campy, wide bases and flat platforms. Also no cables off the hoods cluttering up the front of your bike. Both cables run under your bar tape. The carbon fibre levers and jockey wheel cage looks pretty cool as well.
I recommend SRAM highly.

tinkerbella said...

thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.